Harvesting (still)

We're harvesting still. According to the Chia GUI I have 1,125 plots taking an estimated 111.36 TiB. I still have some disk space left on the storage server. Here are the current stats:

NAME    SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  CKPOINT  EXPANDSZ   FRAG    CAP  DEDUP    HEALTH  ALTROOT
pool1  72.8T  49.9T  22.8T        -         -     0%    68%  1.00x    ONLINE  -
pool2  29.1T  26.3T  2.82T        -         -     0%    90%  1.00x    ONLINE  -
pool3  72.8T  65.5T  7.25T        -         -     0%    90%  1.00x    ONLINE  -

I've filled Pool2 and Pool3 both to 90%. The remaining 10% is to allow ZFS to have some free space to function. I expect to fill Pool1 to the same level over time. I know I could run them as individual drives and if one fails simply replace it (losing whatever plots it may have had) but I hate losing data which is why I am running ZFS on the storage server.

I replaced the i3-8100 CPU and its motherboard with a Ryzen 5600X CPU and a newer motherboard. I was hoping to have more memory in the storage server for better caching as well as more CPU cores/threads. At the moment I have the 64GB from the i3 in there (4 x 16GB sticks) along with the SAS controller and 10GbE network card. I even swapped the M2 SSD from the i3 onto the new motherboard.

As I mentioned in my last post my options once I have filled the storage server are rather limited. I think a more ideal setup would be multiple storage servers, but I am not looking at doing that. Chia (XCH) is currently worth $63.35 USD as of today (17th of April 2022) so unless you are earning heaps of them its barely enough to cover the electricity bill.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

22nd of June

More harvesting

That took a while