May 2024 update

As mentioned in my previous post I replaced all the drives in my primary storage server with larger ones. I am still trying to fill it up. Unfortunately the Bladebit plotter seems to lock up regularly and when I notice I have to shut down Chia, delete the temporary files off the SSD and the half-done plot that it was working on when it locked up. Top shows a zombie task and the plotter seems to have lost track of it.

The 2nd WD 16TB drive that I returned under warranty has been rejected. They claimed it has a dent on the back of the drive, so likely shipping damage when I got it. I had 12 of these drives, now 11, so no point wasting any more money on the WD drives. I currently have two Qnap TR-004 units that hold 4 drives each, so 8 drives are enough. I need to fill the primary storage server before working on the TR-004's.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

22nd of June

More plotting

More harvesting