Replotting

Now that I have to replot I have almost filled up one storage server (the one with 7 x 8TB drives). Using the MaxMax plotter built into the Chia GUI I can get a plot done in around 1 hour. I was hoping the Chia developers would have released support for compressed plots by now, but it looks like I will have to replot once it become available.

 

Adding a Pi

I have added a Raspberry Pi storage server. Its a Pi4 (4GB model) with a pair of Seagate Expansion 16TB drives. At the moment I have it running NFS and am copying plots onto it as they finish. Its rather slow at copying plots due to the 1GbE network port.

I am running btrfs on the hard disks in order to get the most space (defined as a single drive) out of it. It will keep copies of the metadata on both drives so it has a little bit of redundancy but I will lose the plots if either drive fails.

The idea is once I have filled the drives is to remove NFS and have it run as a harvester. I had to install the full version of Raspberry Pi OS so I could install the Chia GUI on it. I tried to install it using Raspberry Pi OS Lite version but that failed with unmet dependencies and I had to reflash the SD card.


Chia IPO

It seems the Chia team have filed for an IPO, so they can list on the US stock market. The price of XCH has gone up recently which might have something to do with the IPO. Not that I have any XCH at the moment.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

22nd of June

More harvesting

That took a while