Back to plotting

The replacement PCIe to U2 adapter card arrived and I tried the original Intel P4510 in it. It wouldn't work so I put another P4510 on it and after a few teething troubles its been running since. The U2 drive is used for work space when plotting.

Chia released a 1.8.0 client as an urgent security update so I upgraded to it. That broke the Mad Max plotter so I was only able to use the default plotter. They have since released 1.8.1 that fixed it. One nice thing is the 1.8.0 client now tells you when a new version is available.

I have been furiously plotting as fast as my one and only plotter can go. I have filled my secondary storage server (7 x 8TB drives in a ZFS raidz config) and a Raspberry Pi (2 x 16TB external drives in a BTRFS single drive config). Both of these are now harvesters. I have brought up the main storage server (10 x 16TB drives in a ZFS raidz2 config giving 106TB available) and I am working on filling it up.

There is no sign of compressed plots in the 1.8.1 client, but they are apparently testing a version of the Chia client with support for compressed plots. Once that comes out I will probably have to replot in order to squeeze a few more plots on the various harvesters.

I have another Raspberry Pi that I will convert to a storage machine using the same configuration as the existing one (ie 2 x Seagate Expansion drives) once I can free it up from other duties. I already have the external drives for it.

Total plots is 675 taking 66.8TiB of space with 3 months estimate to win.

The Raspberry Pi machine has 275 plots. The secondary storage server has 397 plots. The main storage server just has 3 at the moment and will take a bit of time to fill.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

22nd of June

More harvesting

That took a while