End of February 2024 update

The TR-004 units arrived. The plan is to put four of the 16TB WD drives into each of the TR-004's. I am experimenting with running the TR-004's off a Pi5, but that may turn out to be too slow.

I have a problem in that I have 10 x WD 16TB drives in my primary storage server and I had 4 spares. Two of those spares are now in one of TR-004's. One is off getting replaced under warranty and another spare seems to have died as well. I don't want to pull the drives from the primary storage server until I can generate more plots. Its currently too hot for that at the moment and you need to use an Nvidia GPU if you want compressed plots.

I got 10 x Seagate 20TB drives to put into the primary storage server which will increase its capacity and free up those WD 16TB drives but the weather is holding me back.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That took a while

Storage server upgrade part 1

Chia farm specs - April 2023